How To Reverse Receding Gums Naturally?
Receding gum is the displacement of the gums that causes exposure of the tooth root and can happen for various reasons such as traumatic brushing with stiff bristles brush, inflammation of the gums caused by the accumulation of tartar and plaque bacteria, Occlusal trauma which is a pressure on the teeth caused by bad alignment or even orthodontic activities performed inappropriate way. The Gingival Recession, besides exposing the roots of teeth, can cause a lot of sensitivity in them, because the tooth root is formed only by dentin which is an extremely sensitive tissue to cold, heat, sweet and rubbing of the brush bristles.
What are the consequences of gingival retraction or gum recession?
The receding gums can result in various consequences, including:
- Difficulty in brushing which further worsens the recession;
- Gingival inflammation;
- High sensitivity in the teeth;
- Dental Appearance, as the teeth get longer or disproportionate in the arch, causing problems of reduce confidence as well as disproportionate face and mouth;
- Tooth loss due to resorption of the bone surrounding the tooth roots.
Certain Ways to stop receding gums
- Performing a correct brushing technique should be given by the dentist by using soft bristles brushes;
- Floss once per day, especially before sleeping.
- Making regular visits to the dentist after every 4 or 6 months, avoiding long periods of absence;
- Making use of bite plates in acrylic resin;
- Drinking plenty of water daily to keep the mucous membranes of the mouth always well hydrated;
- Close your mouth while sleeping because when you breathe with mouth, it’s dry the oral mucosa, which favors Gingival Recession occurs;
- Maintaining a healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegetables,
- Avoiding carbohydrates and processed foods, which easily promote the accumulation of plaque and tartar;
- Consuming foods with Vitamin C, which keeps gums healthy.
- Make sure you fix an appointment with your dentist every six months to eliminate any dental problem.
When the gingival recession is at the initial stages, it can be treated by deep cleaning of the teeth from plaque deposits and the exposed roots are smoothed. If you get your teeth diagnosed early, you will be saved from a dental surgery. The best option is to look after your teeth and gums to stop infections.
You can also follow several natural home remedies to maintain oral hygiene like rinse your mouth with lemon water and clove oil. Nature’s Smile’s herbal products are one of the best oral hygiene products and highly effective to treat all types of oral problems. Use Nature’s Smile mouthwash and oral gum balm after brushing daily. Visit www.Naturessmile.com to know more about how to stop receding gums with Nature’s Smile.